After our son was born, my husband and I went through our fair share of cotton footie pajamas. They were fine, but they weren’t as soft as I wanted them to be for our precious angel child. Hah! Only the best for our babies!
After doing some research for a better option – I was able to find a pajama that was primarily made from bamboo…and man, was it soft. Then I went down a rabbit hole and researched all the benefits of bamboo fabric…and why it outperforms cotton on almost every level. My mind was blown – I never knew all the benefits! I’d never felt anything like it! And to be totally honest...I’d never really even heard of it.
Where I ran into trouble with the new soft bamboo pajama was the price point – it was way too high! The brands I found were almost 3x higher than the cotton pajama retail price – which didn’t seem fair. So I set out to create my own version of the perfect bamboo footie pajama at a fair price point, which is how COO BABY was born!
Below I’m sharing some of the research that lead me down the bamboo path – and why I feel so passionately that bamboo is the best fabric option for our babies!
Why is Bamboo Better than Cotton?
- Bamboo is 40% more absorbent than even the finest organic cotton – it wicks moisture away from the skin faster – which keeps baby dry and comfortable
- Bamboo can take in 3x more water than its weight – meaning it can get rid of moisture faster
- Cotton retains more heat than bamboo
- Environmentally Friendly & Hypo-Allergenic
- Bamboo is grown without pesticides, most cotton is not
- Bamboo is a self-replenishing resource, as the bamboo tree is one of the fastest growing trees on the planet. Manufacturing poses no substantial environmental threat as their sources are easily renewable
- One acre of bamboo yields 10x more than one acre of cotton
- Bamboo requires no irrigation, which in turn requires 1/3 the amount of water that cotton does
- Bamboo has antimicrobial properties referred to as “Bamboo Kun”. These natural antimicrobial bio-agents help reduce bacteria that thrive on clothing and other materials as well as on the human skin.
- Easy to Care For
- Bamboo will outlast cotton in keeping shape, strength, and durability three times over when cared for properly
- Requires less washing than most cotton
- Keeps bright colors significantly longer
Bamboo pajamas, bamboo fabric pajamas, bamboo kids clothing, bamboo clothing, bamboo for kids, soft pajamas, soft footie pajamas